Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i think its 1 am pacific time...

this current wave of home-sickness is particularly brutal. it's invading my dreams to remind me that i literally thousands of miles away from home.
things i miss:
*leaves. leaves turns yellow and red and orange and even brown.
*emily. i have now idea how tall she is or what see likes to wear now. its terrible not seeing her and helping her adjust to the middle school fiasco
* teo. having him wake me up quietly and oh so politely to watch him play video games
* robby. rocking gently front to back while he helps me do some mundane chore. hugging me. all of them. i miss that.
* the central time zone
* bad weather. this constant sunny weather makes me unease. i am in the stepford city. real cities have lousy days.
* the terrain of northeast/southeast ohio. athens in the fall is the word awesome and the lake has a fantastic smell and view.
* the initamacy of proximity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4 SDHC[/url] DS NetBrowze)